The analyst will be an expert Google sleuth with the chops to dig through county and state websites, find new data sources to inform our vaccine discovery efforts, and help synthesize insights for the team. Unafraid to roll their sleeves up and dig through PDF press releases or obscure websites to find datasets — but also comfortable playing with data— the analyst will bring creativity, resourcefulness, and rigor to the process of sourcing new data. This is a full-time, salaried position with healthcare benefits.
At VaccinateCA, we’re on a mission to get as many people in the state of California a covid-19 vaccine as quickly as possible. Today, we do that by publishing up-to-date vaccine availability at hospitals and pharmacies across California, as well as county-level vaccination policies. Because every single day—and every dose—matters in the fight against covid-19, we move incredibly fast. Our progress gets measured on the order of days, if not hours.
This is a different kind of job: your success in it could shorten the pandemic, and that will put us out of business. We want you to succeed quickly, and will pay salary / healthcare benefits so that you can keep your focus on that goal. Needless to say, you’ll work remotely.
What you’ll do
- Identify new sources of information about potential vaccination locations, policy updates, and changes in vaccine availability in the state of California
- Work with our technical teams to make sure the data you find is recorded and put to use helping Californians
- Assist coworkers with a variety of data research projects.
- Watch for patterns and trends in vaccine-related information made available from both government and private industry.
- Experience working with data, potentially in a research, consulting, or data journalism context.
- Expert Googling skills :)
- Resourceful and creative with an eye for how systems work and good pattern-matching ability
- Strong preference for experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Bonus points for data analysis skills, familiarity with SQL, and data-gathering automation tools
- Eligible for US-based employment
VaccinateCA is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization. VaccinateCA makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.